- FAQ | Move Australia in Wyong, NSW 2259, Australia

Removals Services

Q. How long will my household goods take to arrive at my overseas destination?

A. The shipping time can vary according to your destination, your Coffs Harbour Removals & Storage Consultant can advise you of an approximate timeframe. It is important to note that on arrival, your shipment will have to be cleared by customs before delivery to your new address.

Q. What items cannot be taken when moving overseas?

A. Customs regulations vary according to each destination, so it is important to check with your Move Australia Consultant as to the regulations of your new country. If there are any prohibited items amongst your goods, this may delay the clearance of your shipment and result in confiscation and heavy fines.

Q. What is transit insurance and why is it important?

Transit insurance is a special type of insurance that protects against damage and loss during transit. Just as you need to protect your belongings from loss whilst they are in your home, you also need to protect them throughout the moving process. Whilst Move Australia will take the upmost care of your effects, there are circumstances outside of our control that may put your belongings at risk. For further information, please refer to our Terms and Conditions.

Q. Do I have to be at the uplift and delivery?

An authorised representative needs to be at both the uplift and delivery of your belongings. At delivery it is especially important that this person can advise the Move Australia crew on the placement of furniture and cartons in the new home.

Q. What will Move Australia disassemble and reassemble during my relocation?

A. The Move Australia crew will disassemble and reassemble beds for your relocation. However, the disassembly and reassembly of swing sets, trampolines and the like, are outside of our scope of service unless specificially requested.

Q. What should I do if the volume of my shipment changes?

A. Please contact your Move Australia consultant and we will review the quote if necessary.

Q. How should I pack my effects, if Move Australia has not quoted to pack?

Packing Materials:
Move Australia is able to provide you with packing materials for your move. Alternatively you can use your own packing materials.

You will require:

  • Clean sturdy cartons
  • Clean newspaper
  • Bubble wrap
  • Bubble wrap
  • Tape
  • How long can I store my household effects for?
    Move Australia can provide storage for any period of time from a week to an indefinite period of time.

Q. What should I do with valuables such as jewellery and stamp collections?

A. If these products are not items are included in your transit insurance coverit is best if you transport it with you to your destination.

Q. Can I move my pot plants?

A. Yes, Move Australia can move your pot plants throughout Australia. However, if you are moving interstate you need to check on the Quarantine regulations of your new state, as plants can be prohibited. Plants cannot be relocated overseas.

Q. Can I move my pets?

A. Yes, Move Australia can relocate your pets whether it be to a new city or new country. We understand the importance of your pets wellbeing in your move, for further information, please refer to our Pet Relocation service.

Q. Can I move my car / boat / trailer / caravan / motor bike?

A. Yes, Move Australia can arrange the transportation of your vehicles to your new destination. For further information, please refer to ourVehicle Relocation service.

Q. What items are you unable to move?

The following are considered to be dangerous goods and are not transportable by Move Australia:

  • Cooking Oils
  • Cleaning Solvents
  • Aerosol Cans
  • Matches
  • Firelighters
  • Pesticides
  • Paint Thinners
  • Oil
  • Petrol
  • Kerosene
  • Methylated Spirits
  • Turpentine
  • Week Killers
  • Photographic Chemicals
  • Swimming Pool Treatments

Q. Can I move firearms?

A. Under Australian Law, Move Australia is unable to transport firearms for domestic relocations.

Q. What items can not be moved locally or within Australia ?

A. In addition to the dangerous goods listed above, it is prohibited to transport explosives, ammunition and toxic materials.

contact us

Send Us A Message Below!

Quick Quote